In Lead the Way God Made You
you'll see that God put YOU in a position of leadership in children's ministry for a purpose.This practical guide helps you discover your personal leadership style so you can maximize your strengths. As you and your ministry team take the reproducible self-assessment test in this book, you'll discover how to make your team more productive...more effective...and more fun! Feel more comfortable and confident in your leadership role, and make a lasting difference with your colleagues, volunteers, and parents.
Perfect Leaders Need Not Apply. If you occasionally wonder what God was thinking when he put you in a children's ministry leadership role, welcome home.You're among friends.This book is for you--and your team.
Get ready for some fun as you explore...
- How God wired you to lead (hint: it may not be how you think)
- Why "Perfect Leaders" don't really exist (or get invited to parties).
- You'll find simple steps that let you build a successful, effective team that lasts:Photocopy the reproducible Leadership Style Assessment Survey included in the book.
- Take the quick self-assessment test inside and you'll discover how God made you to lead.
- Read the book.
- Then ask your ministry teammates to take the test. (Gift them with each with their own copy of this book!)
- Share your results and together you'll gain insights that will turbo-charge your ability to work--and lead--together!
Author Larry Shallenberger leads BridgeKids Children's Ministry in Erie, Pennsylvania. Prior to entering children's ministry, Larry was a case manager at a residential mental health treatment center for children and adolescents. Larry has contributed to several ministry resource books and is a frequent contributor to Children's Ministry Magazine. Reproducible Handouts! Self-Assessment Test Inside!